My thoughts

Doodles doodles@nycap.rr.com
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:24:33 -0400

Technically, the Gulf of Mexico just expanded by the size of New Orleans.
I agree, why purposely build a levy to hold out an ocean, especially when
major storms are a common thing.  Sort of like the folks that live in
Tornado Alley.. Every year, same thing.

I feel really bad for these people, but what I found odd was the Mayor of
Biloxi(?) saying, this is our Tsunami.  I'm sorry, I think that's a little
insensitive.  The ENTIRE lower coast had a LOT of days warning about this.
The Tsunami area had about 3 seconds warning and lost upwards of 175,000
people.

I'm not saying they're not devastated, but it's not the same in my opinion.
We're technically advanced to evacuate and people decided not to.  Which
leads me to the looters.  Shoot them on site.

Doodles

-----Original Message-----
From: migcruisers-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:migcruisers-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of William McEver
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:03 AM
To: migcruisers@autox.team.net
Subject: My thoughts

Well I've been glued to the tv for 4 days now, and I really feel depressed
about the Gulf Coast. God help the people, and the relief workers. I sent a
contribution, and might send more. Wish I could help out physically.

I think CR lives in the ravaged area, but can't remember his real name to
find
him in the info section. I think his first name is Steve.

Haven't heard from my brother in Texas yet, he has 2 sons that live in New
Orleans, one is a musician, and the other is a deep water diver on the oil
drilling rigs. He will have a lot of work. He works 21 days, then has 21
days
off. $1000 a day but is it enough for what he does?

Pres. released crude from or national reserves, but the major problem is,
there are not enough refineries to process the crude. This disaster will hit
all of our pocketbooks heavy, and the big oil is gonna make as much as they
can to sustain their losses. Everything is going to rise in price, .... we
all
lose in this one. If gas hits the $4.00 mark, It will cost me $200 just to
drive to Daytona in October.

I can't comprehend what would happen if another hurricane hits this region
again? And why anybody would build a major metropolitan in a ditch. Holland
has developed restraints to the ocean, but occasionally they get breached
also.

MC 137
BMW  Wende