My thoughts

Craig Goldstein craigmri@earthlink.net
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:19:35 -0400

Bill,

Its sobering and surreal.  Now they're bracing to determine how many people
are still missing and possibly drowned in attics as they tried to stay
above water.  This one is going to end up as one of the worst of all
natural disasters when they close the book on it.

Fuel, Insurance, building materials, contractors......things are going to
be tough for years to come.

Thousands of homes under water.....You cant save those homes.  They'll all
have to be bulldozed.  Do you rebuild in the same place?   Who's going to
write insurance policies?

Between the deaths(mostly poor people who couldn't leave or stubborn people
who wouldn't) and the widespread looting,  I'm heart broken as well.  I've
decided to donate to the Red Cross and hope the money makes it to the
affected areas.

Craig

we all
> lose in this one. If gas hits the $4.00 mark, It will cost me $200 just to
> drive to Daytona in October.
>
> I can't comprehend what would happen if another hurricane hits this region
> again? And why anybody would build a major metropolitan in a ditch.
Holland