NBR

William McEver mcever@comcast.net
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:39:11 -0400

Hi Folks,
    I was watching Science channel last night, about hardhat pressure divers.
I have a nephew that does that in the Gulf. WOW, working at depths unrevealed,
8hr shift, 2 divers working and 1 in the bell as safety. Then they are brought
back to the top and live in a pressure chamber til next shift. They do this
for 21 days then they are off for 21 days. 5 years ago, I know he was making
$1000 a day. Now in my twilite days I have become claustraphobic, and couldn't
doit. The diving bell only holds 3, and the safety man waits in a submerged
capsule the size of a phone both, for 8 hrs. Hello ...$1000 isn't nearly
enough thank you!

After working in elevator shafts, dumbweighter, escalator truss, smoke stacks,
and coal mines, I didn't become claustraphobic until I had my MRI for my neck
problems. But my Doc friend says, "remember that you can get out, and that
you're not entombed", that helps.

MC 137
BMW  Wende