[Morgans] How I spent yesterday.

Glenn reneglen at vaxxine.com
Thu Nov 1 20:36:48 MST 2007

   Nelson

     Good to hear that Ol'Blu is back on the roads of Eastern Ct.  Sounds
beautiful to me!  I'm still working on Toymog.

    John, I bought a TR-7 last June to take me on some of the British car
runs till I am able to finish my Morgan ( paint and interior). I spent many
hours trying to get it to run reliably and failed so decided to take it down
completely. Rebuild of motor, bearing, seals, springs, shocks,brakes etc. I
took the fuel tank out and found 1 gallon of water in the tank along with
eight gallons of fuel at about a dollar a quart. I gave the fuel to a friend
for his tractor. After I got things back together again I sent an e mail to
the guy I bought the car from telling him I was now having fun with the car
but didn't appreciate him selling me a car with a gallon of water in the
tank. He told me he had never had such a problem and on farther questioning
of his twelve year old twins , one boy said, it was not me dad and the other
boy said, welllll maybe I did it dad. They where playing in the car and put
water in it for gas.

   It does make a lot of mess to clean. I had to have the tank  totally
rebuilt at a fair cost. All is well now with 2300k on the new motor but our
winter is coming quickly too.

    Good to see a few entries in the 'team site.

    Cheers   Glenn in Canada