[Nobbc] Quiet

David Willson davidwi at sonic.net
Sun Jun 17 00:16:28 MDT 2007

At 11:00 AM 6/16/2007, you wrote:
>This list has been quiet lately, everybody out driving their British
>cars? Happy Fathers Day to all, perfect time to enjoy a spin in our
>beautiful neck of the woods!

I did.  I was planning on riding my motorcycle out to Brentwood, past
Rio Vista, to meet some friends for a monthly lunch we've had going
for many years, but ended up cranking up the Jensen instead.  I had
to walk past it to get to the motorcycle garage and just didn't make
it.  Went over the Oakville grade and out to Berryessa but instead of
turning south accidentally (harhar) turned north instead and spent
the rest of the day happily exploring the small roads around
Berryessa.  Never made it to my lunch date.  Left home at 10 and
rolled back into the garage at 5 pm, tired butt and sunburned.  The
Jensen didn't miss a beat and proved itself to be faithful, though
I've only had it on the road a few weeks so I took a toolbox just in
case.  Burned a tank of gas, got a few nice compliments, and easily
kept up with a group of sportbike squids carving the canyons.  They
had more power but I carried more speed through the corners.  Now
THAT was fun.

And as one father to the rest of you out there: have a good day
Sunday.  You deserve it.

David Willson
Sebastopol,  CA
'74 Jensen Healey # 19377