[Nobbc] Car show and new meeting spot

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:52:06 MDT 2009

Hi Ron and Members,

Great reviews by Don, John and Brad have already provided. I agree that
it was great venue, nice group of people; with it being in our own back
yards (or front, for some people), this is a fun show that I hope
continues. It was fun seeing John's TR250 with the Surrey top fully
installed and the new dash - the car is really shaping up. I thought
there would be more time to look at other cars and mingle, but there was
a lot of interest in our Elan DHC and Sarto's Elan coupe, so it was
actually hard to get away from that spot for very long, though it a lot
of fun doing show and tell. Besides meeting a lot of nice new folks, I
had a lot of fun hanging out with fellow members, mostly John, Walter
and his wife Gwen, and Sarto, and meeting Brad.  It was also interesting
to see how many local classic car owners, including a couple of Minis,
are not members of NOBBCor active in our club.

I'm not a big show participant, since our cars aren't likely to win any
awards, but love attending them, and always enjoy shows of an eclectic
nature, which this was. Considering it was the first year, I suspect
more NOBBC members will enter in the future, and I think it could grow
to include even more European cars, which was the intent of the REME folks.

Ron - do you think we should update the web site to show the new meeting
site at Bad Ass Coffee?

Cheers,

Greg Tatarian
1971 Lotus Elan S4