[Nobbc] Suggestions, please

andy preston andypreston at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 25 10:29:52 MDT 2009

Hi Greg, my Jaeger water/temp was in the same condition as yours.  The face
was almost perfect, the oil pressure part worked but the water temp pigtail
was broken.  I had it exchanged for a reconditioned unit from Scarborough
Faire in Rhode Island that specializes in MGA parts.  They probably carry
the Smith's version as well.  It cost me $160 part exchange.  I don't know
anyone who just sells the pigtail because that's all I wanted myself and it
didn't seem that hard to fit one.  The person to talk to at Scarborough
Faire is Cecelia and if you have a conversation with her less than 5 minutes
you'll be doing well, her number is 888 647 2787 and she's a delightful and
very knowledgeable person.

Also on the A the speedometer worked but the odometer was broken, I had that
repaired by Nisonger in NY.  Cost was $170.  I had my Smiths speedometer on
my MGB repaired by Nisonger again, cost was $170, plus the cost of a new
glass and bezel, for a total of $185.  Turn a round time with Nisonger is
about 3 to 4 weeks with 2 weeks being shipping to and from NY.  They do good
work and I know of other people who have had gauges repaired by them and
have been pleased.

Andy