[Nobbc] new members

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:35:30 MDT 2009

Welcome Pete and Nancy! Trish and I found your XK120 absolutely stunning
at the Woodland show- loved that wonderful color.
The first classic car I drove was a 120-M (SE in the UK) when I was 17.
The kind owner's wife almost divorced him when she saw me driving back
to the house after a spin around the block. They bought it new and kept
is in almost concours condition, despite regularly driving it to shows.
They showed me pictures from a show many years prior to me knowing them,
of their Jag on the grass at a concours, with their bulldog tied to the
bumper and skidmarks in the grass at the rear wheels. Apparently the dog
had seen something it wanted and proceeded to drag the Jag a few feet
across the grass, with the handbrake on.
Hope to see you on a drive despite the distance - maybe we can lure you
and some of our other southern members up if we organize another Marin tour.
Cheers,
Greg and Trish Tatarian
1971 Lotus Elan S4
1974 Triumph TR6