[Nobbc] CSRG Racing Oct 1-3

Charlie Wehn ctwehn at hughes.net
Fri Sep 10 21:02:47 MDT 2010

This sounds like a great event for our club. We should all vote for which day is best and all go together. I vote for Saturday Oct. 2nd.

Charlie TR6 & 8

On Sep 6, 2010, Tim Thresh <tsthresh at hotmail.com> wrote:

The MG Owners Club just put out the following in their Sept Newsletter. Do we
have anything better?

Friday to Sunday, October 1-3

Infineon Raceway, Sonoma

The 7th Annual CSRG Charity Challenge will feature historic, 3-liter F1 cars
from HGP and invited Formula Atlantic cars. This is a great spectator event,
with fan activities like track rides, raffles, and a race gear sales center.
There will be practice runs on Friday, with more practice and racing on
Saturday and Sunday. CSRG members have donated over $600,000 to Speedway
Childrens' Charities of Sonoma since the Charity Challenge began in 2003.

This year we're including some special features for spectators who drive their
vintage (pre-1980) sports cars to the event:

First, you'll pay only $20 at the gate, rather than the full $25 for regular
spectators.

Second, you'll be directed to the back entrance of the paddock and to the area
set aside for vintage sports cars. You'll be part of the classic car show that
is being included for the first time.

Third, if you wish, you'll be able to sign up to take your car out on the
track for some reconnaissance laps during the lunch time break at no
additional charge.

Fourth, you'll be given a free souvenir copy of the event poster before you
leave.

Sound like fun? Just round up friends from your sports car club (or plan to
come on your own), gas up the old buggy, and enjoy a day at the races as an
honored guest.

More Information: http://www.csrgracing.org

Tim Thresh

1958 Rd MGA