[Nobbc] MGA 1600 front suspension needed

andy preston andypreston at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 11:15:07 MDT 2010

Hi guys, I recently bought a 1955 MG TF that has been off the road and
sitting in a garage for the last 40 years.  When I got the car home I
discovered that the left hand side suspension had been badly damaged in a
previous accident.  All of the suspension components were pushed up and back
and bent.  It looks as though the car went off the road into a ditch and
then was put into storage all these years.  The car also has a Volvo 1800 cc
engine so is anything but original, and needs a complete restoration.

I want to install MGA disc brakes on the front of the car to improve the
stopping ability.  That was probably the cause of the accidents all those
years ago.  Basically many of the TF and MGA front suspension components are
interchangeable so it's a straight forward job when you can find all the
parts.  I have most of the parts for the right hand side but need most of
the left hand side suspension components. Namely the swivel pin, steering
knuckle, lever and disc brake hub from a 1600 MGA.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Andy