[Nobbc] New Years Ride Old Speckled hen

Frank Morris morrisf at SIDWater.org
Mon Jan 3 15:54:50 MST 2011

Well, I'm glad my question/query about good ol' Brit brews stimulated so
much discussion and fine memories.

Another good one that used to be on sale at Trader Joes was a beer from
Thailand.  I think I liked the name as much as the ale... Named Phuket
after the resort and SCUBA diving destination off the coast of Thailand.
It was hit pretty hard by the Tsunami a couple of years back.  Trader
Joe-san stopped carrying it recently.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mike Gianandrea
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 2:08 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] New Years Ride Old Speckled hen

Hey Andy,

As a younger man, actually, back to high school, I played in a rock band
in
San Mateo, that included a bass player from Mexico, and a guitar player
from
Manchester, England. His father, Di Davis, (just in case you go back a
ways)
was a former famous and professional rugby player, for Manchester. Man
you
talk about rough & tumble and beat to smithereens, and he looked the
part.
We all hung out at the old Bit of England in San Mateo, with Dad and a
brother in law, also an ex-athlete? When the beer started flowing, the
stories and jokes followed quickly, YOU JUST WOULDN'T BELEIVE what came
out
of his mouth. We also had many parties at the parents home, home made
pork
pies, sausage rolls, steak & kidney pie, and the old man could REALLY
cut
loose, funny as shell and absolutely obsene. I never laughed so hard, or
had
so much fun in my whole life, and a whole lot of English beer, including
my
all time favorite, John Courage.
I look for it wherever I go, but I haven't seen it of many years. I
would
love to find some somewhere.

Michael
64 TR4