[Nobbc] Anti Football etc

Mark Darley markdarley at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 20:31:04 MST 2011

Andy,

Yes, I left toward the back, and then I stopped at the top of the drop
down to Bolinas to photograph the cars as they came by in the fog and
redwoods, and only a couple passed.  I thought I was last as I dropped
off the ridge, but when I came up toward Olema a couple of cars came
up fast behind me.  (I think they took the Bolinas Lagoon road.)  I
waved them right toward San Anselmo, and then went on ahead to
Inverness to get my gin fizz at the Inverness Yacht Club New Years Day
party!

Then I rolled gently home in pouring rain hoping the windsceen wipers
would continue to work.  They did (though they developed a squeak) and
I arrived home remarkably dry, mostly because I wore my full length
raincoat that kept the drips off my knees.  I will be using duck tape
to deflect water over the roof next time, as it seems to get forced up
the windscreen and then under the leading edge of the roof.  It really
wasn't too bad, but I was a little nervous that a drip or two might
find their way through the dash and onto the electrics and result in
one of those famous Lucas electric failures.

All in all a good day, but I plan to avoid the wet stuff when I get
the chance!

St Orrs may be my choice both for an inexpensive room, and supper.
Many years ago when Suzanne was pregnant with my daughter, Miranda, we
rented a great cottage on the cliffs in Gualala, and went to St Orrs
for supper.  At the end of the meal we discovered that we had both
failed to bring wallets.  In a wonderful demonstration of coastal
hospitality, they just told us to drop in and pay the next time we
were passing by, which we did two days later.  They won my future
business that day!

Cheers
Mark

Mark Darley