[Nobbc] California ticketing

Clif & Deborah Williamson hawkview at sonic.net
Thu Jan 13 16:25:48 MST 2011

There seem to be plenty of offers of help on Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=speeding+ticket+by+air&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Unfortunately you will have to pay for this advice.
Most of you have probably noticed the diagonal lines on the shoulder of the
road within an "air trap".  So you probably also know they use a time and
distance method for determining your speed.  But if the plane is going
faster or slower than you, his line of sight to the lines will change.  This
combined with two random clicks of his stop watch could also cause some
error.  And who knows how if the distance between lines is accurate.
Of course, if this method has become computerized, then these errors are
taken out of the formula.  Or it could be that they use a radar gun to
determine speed differential.  I think that would be a really tuff one to
beat.
On the other hand, you were probably speeding, correct?  If you want to
dance, you have to pay the piper, I always say.  I hate getting
tickets...they suck, but I can only think of two times in my 50 year driving
career when I got a ticket, I didn't deserve.  I went to court to fight that
ticket, insulted the judge, and ended up in Santa Rita for a night for
contempt of court.  I was only 25 at the time and it was during a time when
"questioning authority" was in vogue.  He was a jerk of a judge, finding
everybody in his court room guilty of their violation.  The other was in SF.
I was driving a borrowed 54 Rambler.  This pile of crap couldn't go over 50
mph, but I was sited for 70.  I went to court and explained this to the
judge and he let be off.  Of course it helped that the officer didn't show
up.
Good luck
Clif  74 "very red" Jensen Healey.  Owned since new, and not one ticket.