[Nobbc] Today's drive

Mike Gianandrea mvg1 at att.net
Mon Jan 17 11:24:57 MST 2011

What the hell is the point of having a 'SPORTS CAR' if you do not want to
drive a little sporty. I would hate to discourage anyone from coming out to
show and drive thier beloved lbc's, whether it is rough and wrinkled, as
nice as Andy's beautifully restored MGA, or anywhere in between. But these
cars were made to enjoy, physically and esthetically. And besides, I can't
say that I have acutally seen any of our club rides get anywhere near out of
hand speed wise, they have all been pretty mild mannered as far as I can
recall. In fact, the best ride I can remember was the ride to the cheese
factory, afterwards, having fun following Wendell in his Morgan, and Sarteau
in his Lotus zipping in the back road to D Street in Petaluma after the
ride. It may well be a good idea to split  the groups into two halves,
allowing each driver to choose his style. To Ron, petal to metal, just 'keep
it between the navigational boowies', as the saying goes.

Michael
64 TR4