[Nobbc] Speed

Martin Sinai Rayman drmartyrayman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:55:38 MST 2011

Dear Clif and Deborah,
We would love to join in on that adventure and pick up the group somewhere
as you pass through Marin.  I would like to request *the drive not* on the
weekends of 2/29, 3/19, 4/23 or 5/13 when I am on call or 3/26, 4/9, 5/20 or
5/28 when we will not be available.  We would love to help plan and lead the
Marin and Marin Headlands part of the tour.
Cheers,
Marty & Naomi  415-454-5756
'53 MG TD

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Clif & Deborah Williamson <
hawkview at sonic.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Martin Sinai Rayman
> Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 5:16 PM
> To: North Bay British Car Club
> Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Speed
>
> *Speaking of bicycle riders, I took a bike ride up the newly finished
> Cozumel Road in the Marin Headlands on Friday.  It is absolutely a stunning
> drive on a beautifully resurfaced asphalt road.  From the top of Hawk Hill
> it is a steep and winding drive down.  At the top, one can walk through
> construction site 129 where the 16 inch guns were brought up and never
> placed.  The Ghilotti Bros. did a phenomenal job of making parking around a
> lot of the gun emplacements and there are benches, picnic tables, and
> explanations.  After exploring more around the area the return is through
> the one way tunnel and the road down to Ft. Baker and Sausalito.  If the
> weather cooperates, it's just stunning.  I can't wait to do the drive in my
> MG.
> Hopefully when NBBCC does the drive I won't be on call.  Perhaps I'll lead
> it to insure my presence.
> Marty
> Marty Rayman
> Kentfield
> '53 TD*
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Greg Tatarian <gtwincams at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>   Hi Clif,
>>
>> New ideas are always welcome, in my opinion. I have led several drives
>> through Marin County in the effort to involve more of our southern
>> members,
>> and except for conflicts with bicycle races, they've been really fine.
>>
>> We haven't gone to SF as a club since Trish and I have been members, about
>> 5-6 years, I think primarily because it makes for a long day and a lot of
>> us
>> don't really like driving long distances on the freeway (we don't all
>> drive
>> beautiful cruising machines like Norm's, Dawson's, etc). My idea of an
>> overnighter was based on the idea that those interested in a longer run
>> could split it into two days, and have the evening to socialize together,
>> but if an SF destination interested enough members, particularly those
>> living in Marin County, you'd probably have some takers.
>>
>> Please keep the ideas coming and the dialog flowing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Greg Tatarian
>> cars and trucks and a boat
>> no planes or locomotives
>>

>> On 1/17/2011 2:14 PM, Clif & Deborah Williamson wrote:
>>
>>  Has the club ever done a ride to The City?  San Francisco for those who
>>> don't know what "The City", is.   We came across a Citroen group a few
>>> years
>>> ago.  They were from all over the world, doing an around the world tour.
>>> Must be nice.  Some of the cars were perfect, others pretty beat up
>>> originals.
>>> Anyway they met up in a big parking lot in The Presidio.  There were
>>> 40 cars.  But I think it would be cool to met up at the new Palace of
>>> Fine