[NOBBC] car query, not British

Gary Germano garywgermano at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 08:35:16 MDT 2012

Don,
No apologies needed about the list. Sounds like this guy could easily have
wiped out a number of us on a tour.
First, literally thank God she is ok!
1) His insurance "lapsed" for about a week when he ran into the gal's car sure
sounds a bit too "coincidental" to me.
2) It is illegal in Ca. to drive without insurance. Nothing negative implied
here, but if he was poor and or a minority, his car would be impounded, his
license taken away immediately, and he would go to jail...ESPECIALLY..with a
history of drunk driving. AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE HERE.
LET HIM GET A CHAUFFEUR AND SOLVE HIS TRANSPORTATION PROBLEMS....AND INSURE
SAFETY TO OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD.
3) IMO, she needs to get a good law firm who doesn't want to lose to take this
case on a contingency basis. Again, IMO, she has a moral obligation to keep
him off the road. Convince her.
4) Another reason for mandatory ignition interlocks for any first drunk
driving offense in California.
Gary