[Oletrucks] Brake Light Switch question

Leon Corley lcorley2 at att.net
Sun Dec 27 08:33:20 MST 2009

Mike,
Perhaps you could use a relay attached to the brake light switch.
Some of  the universal relays have both normally=open and normally closed
contacts.

regards,
Leon

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:33:36 -0500
From: "mks" <mserges at psci.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Brake Light Switch question
To: <oletrucks at autox.team.net>

I am wanting to add a second switch that turns the power off when I hit the
brake pedal.  It would be very easy to add a second lever switch like the one
already on my 57 Chevy pickup.  My question is whether there is a lever
switch
that is hot when the brake pedel is not active, and cuts the power when the
pedal is depressed?  I thought a long time ago I saw a Reverse lever switch,
but maybe that was just wishful thinking.  If anyone knows of one, please let
me know.  I am using the stock brake pedal.

Thanks, Mike