[Shop-talk] Printers (was MIG welder term)

Pat Horne roadsters at hornesystemstx.com
Wed Aug 1 08:33:01 MDT 2007

Jack,

Check out the web site for your printer manufacturer to see if there s a
way to reset the counter. I've used a number of printers that remember
the last, say 5, cartridge serial numbers, so if you rotate more than
that number of cartridges it will not see them as empty.

I think I remember that HP has a way of resetting the serial number
memory when you do some combination of button presses. I found this in
the section of the web site that has the service information in it. It
would be used by repair shops to clear out the fact that they rotated
some combination of cartridges through the printer.

I also had a bulk ink system on a Canon printer that would report low
cartridges, but the chip they put in the set up would revert to "full"
before it got to where the printer would not print thinking it was out
of ink. Worked great until one of the ink cartridges plugged up and I
burned up the print head trying to get it to print correctly. Bulk ink
systems are a lot less trouble and mess than refilling cartridges!

I don't have these printers any more, so I don't have the specific
information any more. Sorry.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jack Brooks: