[Shop-talk] About the well & water pressure & life sucking

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Wed Dec 12 14:19:56 MST 2007

I once measured the pressure at my house: It was 50
PSI.  flushing a toilet dropped it only a couple of
pounds.  I have no problem with flow at showers, etc.
My old house had almost 90 pounds, which was almost
too much.

Get one of those guages that screws to a hose bib, and
measure your pressure, with and without showers, etc.
running.

I have city water, BTW.  But my parents have a well
with an electric pump, and their showers and sinks
seem to work just as well as ours.

Doug