[Shop-talk] '02 Suburban engine cooling

Eric J Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Fri Jul 6 19:56:19 MDT 2012

The engine driven fan - is it like the fans in olde cars & always turns when
the engine is running or is it like the engine driven fans in moderns cars
and has some sort of clutching system? If the latter perhaps the clutching
system isn't working? My F250 diesel has the latter - I can hear the roar of
the fan when it gets called to duty, otherwise is just seems to freewheel.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC