[Shop-talk] Dehumidifier suddenly freezing up

Wayne wmc_st at xxiii.com
Wed Jul 11 23:45:40 MDT 2012

I'm good with the mechanical and electrical side of HVAC and
refrigeration, but only superficial on the actual refrigerant loop part.
But from what I know the evaporator "freeze up" is usually low charge or
restricted air flow. Might pull the cover off and see if the coil or
other pathways are choked up with dust or mold. If it really is down on
refrigerant, much as I hate our society's current "disposable
mentality", it's pretty much a throw-away.

-Wayne