[Shop-talk] which tie down best for car hauler

Tony Vaccaro tvacc at lotusowners.com
Sat Jul 14 21:07:14 MDT 2012

For years I used straps around the axle, straps around the frame and straps
through the tires.

The last trailer I bought had E Track installed.  Was set up for a specific
car so I had to buy more. Was not expensive.

I now use the straps that go over the tires, tie down to the E Track right
before and after the tires and you ratchet the straps over the tires.
Compresses the tires.

As long as you don't have any leaks in your tires, works great. And is the
least damaging to everything. Suspension rides normal. No frame bending.
Etc....

Lots of places sell it.

Tony Vaccaro
Lotus Owners of NY  (LOONY)