[Shop-talk] which tie down best for car hauler

John Niolon jniolon at att.net
Sat Jul 14 16:57:42 MDT 2012

finally got my car hauler... 18' Anderson with two axle brakes, rear slide in
ramps, removable fender, 2' dovetail...

want to start accumulating what I need to haul my '53 f-100 truck.   Truck is
16' long nose to tail and will weigh in around 3800-4000.

the trailer has 4 tie downs welded in , one at each corner and side board
anchors along each side, no rub rail.  wondering the best type of tie down to
use with the truck...  I like ther wheel basket straps on each wheel.. seems
it would secure it well but not pull down the suspension... which may or may
not affect towing ???

axle straps and ratchet binders hold well but are a pain to install, right ??

how about e-track ???

suggestions please from you car/truck towing gurus

thanks
John

you guys always have the best info !

I'm sarcastic... what's your superpower ?