[Shop-talk] Modifying a sea-container

Matt mbarre at juno.com
Sun Jul 15 11:28:47 MDT 2012

We import so much stuff from overseas, these containers are becoming a common
building material around here.I have marveled at some of the adhoc engineering
I have seen.  Very common around here in the woods to find shopsassembled out
of several of these with some manner of roof over a few of them.  There was a
viral email going around where someone had constructed a quite nice abode out
of a few.  It was half buried and well insulated with spray foam. I saw an
elaborate firefighting training tower recently (near some airport I flew into,
can't recall where) but I bet it wasmuch cheaper using the containers than
building from scratch. Weld it up, paint it, it will be fine. Matt
 eric at megageek.com wrote:   Here is what I want to do.  I want to add a ladder
to the side so I can climb up top.  I want the ladder
secured to the side of the container.