[Shop-talk] Roof Waterproof Membrane Advice....

Glenn Owen mgowen55 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:26:47 MDT 2012

I am building a  low pitch (about 1/12) shed roof  that I plan to put shingles
on (about 350 square feet). I'm located in the deep south.

Because of the low pitch I  have been looking at using a waterproof membrane
instead of felt. In particular I have been considering GAF WeatherWatch &
StormGuard available at Home Depot for a price of $51 for 150 square feet of
coverage. I'm probably going to have to do the install without a helper.

Has anybody had experience with this stuff or other recommendations?

Thanks for the help.
Glenn