[Shop-talk] concrete mixer issue

Peter Murray peterwmurray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:18:12 MDT 2012

A friend of mine here in the DC area built an oven based loosely on
the plans at Forno Bravo.
http://www.fornobravo.com/pompeii_oven/pompeii_oven.html

The pizza, calzones and bread that come out of oven are absolutely
excellent. The type of flour used is important - and once you have one
of these, you will definitely start buying it in larger quantities.

ObShop: We used a red Harbor Freight "My first mixer" for the concrete
- I can not imagine trying to hand-mix those 20 bags of quick-crete! I
do find it amusing that Home Depot staff has no trouble helping you
overload their hourly rental trucks.

-Peter