[Shop-talk] concrete mixer issue

Dave C cavanadd at frontier.com
Tue Jul 31 21:42:27 MDT 2012

I have a Harbor Freight mixer, probably the same as yours or similar.
Mine does the same thing sometimes.  I was mixing up 60 pound bags last
week to set some posts for a lumber rack and after the first batch (2
60# bags) I noticed it sticking to the bottom.  I just stopped it, dug
it off the bottom with a shovel, rotated it 180* and dug the rest off,
and turned it back on.  I was only mixing six bags so it wasn't a huge
deal but it is kind of a PITA.   Next time I'll probably use my
sharpshooter shovel.

I think if I dumped all the concrete mix (dry) into one wheelbarrow and
then shoveled it into the mixer while it was running, shoveling a little
and then adding a little water, it would probably work better, but
that's just as much trouble.

Sorry, no pizza oven comments.