[Shop-talk] solar power for battery charger..

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Tue Apr 15 09:41:40 MDT 2014

This might be as search for the perpetual motion machine...but

Ibve got a universal battery charger that does aaa,aa,c,d, 9 volt... and
multiples of each at one time....all the usual players in the battery game

it draws 0.6a at 120vac from its wall wart.  ( thatbs like 72 watts, right )
it says it puts out 1000 watts at 12vdc

what I wondering if there is a solar hookup that will allow me to use this
charger if 120vac isnbt available..( like after the SHTF situation or the
zombies come)

Ibm solar ignorant other than keep a hat on in the sun...   what kind of
equipment would I have to have to power this charger from the sun ???

is it even doable ???  would it cost effective

thanks
john

---
protection is active.