[Shop-talk] Need help with dead 2000 GMC 1500 (5.8 Vortec) (couple of dusies!)

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Tue Apr 29 11:17:38 MDT 2014

Eric,

I checked with my local helpful shop and he suggested an even easier test.
Since the truck has an alarm, it probably has a smart key also. Try a
different key to see if it will start. He said that he has seen more keys go
bad than he can count.

The dealer may be able to read the key to see if it has the correct code and
according to Guy, the dealer will need to program the truck to the new key
if that is the problem.

Good luck,

Peace,

Pat