[Shop-talk] Fw: water heater anode

Tim . tims_datsun_stuff at outlook.com
Sat Jan 2 07:27:48 MST 2016

"There should also be some documentation online from the Richmond folks that you could read and/or download."

The pdf that I downloaded did not have anything for my model number.

"it probably is inline with the hot water port"

Makes sense but I hope not. This increases the chances of Mr hamfist here breaking something.

"Is it possible that if you dig down through the insulation you will come to the tank and a nice hex fitting that leads to the anode?"

This seems plausible but the insulation is the kind that, once cured, is pretty hard. I can remove it but it just doesn't seem like this would be the way to access a replaceable part.

thanks again everyone!
tim