[Shop-talk] water heater anode revisited

Tim . tims_datsun_stuff at outlook.com
Sat Jan 2 17:21:39 MST 2016

Today I dug out close to three inches of hard-ish insulation and exposed a hex nut in one of the holes. My longest impact socket sticks out of the hole about an inch. Great frelling design.

Anyway, I have a young neighbor, mid 20s, Sgt in the army, great shape, strong, etc. He was holding the tank and I was using a four foot pipe on the wrench and the nut still didn't budge. (I was moving the tank.)

Soooooo, any further suggestions? I think I have enough air hose to get from my detached garage to the basement. Should I try an impact wrench? I hesitate to encourage my hamfist gene.....

Thanks guys

tim