[Shop-talk] chains vs snow tires

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Jan 19 14:23:30 MST 2016

Eric,

I actually have these chains (well, the duallie model) for a 3500 GMC
mason dump that I use for fire wood delivery.  With the duallie, I can't
find a 4x4 (or is it 6x6 in a duallie?).  It's great when I have the wood
in the back, but once I deliver it, the bed is empty.  So I get almost no
traction, and, of course I can't put sand or weights in the back because
it will be too heavy when I have the wood.

They are a little bit of a hassle to put on and off, but you will not get
stuck.

I would trade chains for 4x4 anyday.  But chains will get the truck where
you want to go safety (albeit SLOWLY!)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson