[Shop-talk] wifi router again

Matt mbarre at juno.com
Thu Jan 28 10:02:23 MST 2016

 I have been messing around with my home network for many months a little here and there with mixed results.I had been planning to make use of some old b/g routers to add range but after running cat5e around the house found that the old routers didn't have the capability to set for AP only.  I thought the wife and daughters would be happy with wired so ran some more cable only to be advised recently that they still wanted strong reliable wifi... I am throwing in the towel on my normal reuse mantra and am prepared to throw $$ at the problem and buy a state of the art router.  Just trying to determine the state of the art.  I know some of you guys are network knowledgeable so what say you.  I have a 2 story house, around 3K SF and looking to provide some signal in the yard as well. I thought we had discussed this recently but the most recent that I could find in the archive is 2011. I hope to pull the trigger on something from Amazon or newegg tonight or tomorrow. TIA! Matt BarreColumbus, GA