[Shop-talk] Classic car insurance tangents

Tim . tims_datsun_stuff at outlook.com
Thu Jan 28 13:03:50 MST 2016

I didn't want to hijack the original thread.....

First a question: How was your vehicle's value decided? I am especially interested in hearing from the Datsun Roadster guys (and any of you who might have a FSJ; Full Size Jeep). A local Roadster owner was rear ended last year. It was a very slow hit but the repair estimate was well over what his coverage was. He has either grundy or hagerty. I do not remember.

I am ready to switch the Jeep (71 Gladiator fully restored and lifted, etc etc.) and my 70 Roadster to classic insurance but want to make sure they are insured for what it would cost to fix them if the worst happened.

Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's Roadster. At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which had her license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well, because my daughter didn't have her own car, grundy denied me coverage stating "the teen driver might take the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have her own car". (<-----this is almost verbatim) It didn't matter that the child didn't know how to drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't allowed to drive it. I have good kids and it would never have been an issue when they were still at home.

so, take the grundy feedback any way you want. I was not happy with how I was treated.

I hope to hear about the first bit from any and all of you.

Thanks

tim