[Shop-talk] Ideas for projects involving a vertical lawn mowerengine?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 08:15:41 MDT 2016

> I had a crazy
> idea for a gas powered air conditioner a few years back, but I am not sure
> 6 horse would be enough for that application.

Depends on what you want to cool.  If you can get an honest 5 hp, that
should be good for 5 tons (60,000 btuh IIRC) or so; enough for a fair-sized
home (roughly 3000 square feet depending on a lot of factors like
insulation, where you're located, etc.)

Run the exhaust through a hot water heater, and you'd have hot water too <g>

Randall