[Shop-talk] stainless steel lines - automotive vs industrial

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Sun Oct 16 16:25:27 MDT 2016

trying to find some information on the difference (if any ) in automotive stainless steel hard lines (-an fittings)  and industrial
stuff like swage-loc used for tubing and industrial metering...

I’d thinking about running hard line stainless for my a/c lines under the hood of my truck and wondering if the industrial stuff
would substitute or adapt the the standard –an stuff.   I have some access to industrial and ‘pipefitter’ materials... just don’t know
how it will work with auto industry ‘standard’ –AN fittings...

I know a little about each but only enough to confuse myself.

thanks
john