[Shop-talk] cleaning my parts washer cleaner

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Mon Sep 5 15:02:13 MDT 2016

I’ve got a table top parts washer...(old commercial unit I found at a divorce sale)  metal sink and top over a polyethylene tank (about 5 gallons)  I use super agitene solvent and after 5 years it’s still doing the job.   But... where it used to be nice and clear, it’s getting grundgy now and I’m sure the tank has a nice thick layer of crud on bottom.   It’s starting to run a little slow and I was going to clean everything out and see if that helps.

question... what’s the best ‘strainer’ material to pour the solvent through ??  paint strainer?  old tee shirt...??  I can do this two or three times while I’m scrapping the tank clean...

john