[Shop-talk] Preventing a spindle from sliding

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Thu Jun 8 06:37:27 MDT 2017

This is a problem I've been dealing with for a while now.

My mower deck has spindles that the shaft (vertically) goes through. As do
most decks.  The problem I have is that the top of the spindle is held
only with the set screw (a small hex head screw) that puts pressure on the
key that put pressure on the shaft.

The problem is that the shaft constantly slides down and this puts the
blades much lower.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Am I missing something?

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson