[Shop-talk] BolTrak

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon Jun 26 09:52:39 MDT 2017

Hello everyone, I've got some minor news for you all.

After Al's request for a maintenance tracker, I build a simple one for him
to use on my site.

But I figured I'll offer it to everyone here.  (NOTE-I never charge for
anything on my site, nor do I have ANY ads.  If you want to use it, it
will be free for as I live.)

It's called "BolTrak"  (pronounced: "Bolt Track")

I created a framework (note, framework only) for this database.  It is in
version 1 BETA.  The navigation hasn't been built 100%, so don't be afraid
to use your browser back and refresh button if you add records.  This is a
beta, so play with it.  I added a few sample documents in it as well.

Basically, you add a vehicle.  Then all the maintenance records are
created from that vehicle.  In later releases, I plan to have the ability
to schedule service as well.  There will also be milage validation (so you
can't enter a lesser milage than a previous record.)  I'll make the parts
list more robust (maybe).   I also may do analytics as well.
I need to fix the upload feature.  On the web, it doesn't auto display the
file.  There are other things that will be cleaned up later.

When this goes into production, you'll get your own, unique database with
just your records. You will have a private login to that database.  If you
want to share it with others, that is your choice.

So play with it, add vehicles and service records and see what you think.

Please let me know what you think, what you would like to see, additional
features, etc.

Here is the link...
megageek.com/bt/boltrak.nsf

The login name and password is "shoptalk"

ENJOY!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson