[Shop-talk] Long term battery tender set up

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Sat Aug 4 17:01:59 MDT 2018

Paul writes...

>You need a "maintainer" like a Battery Tender Plus or Battery Minder.
They will charge to a certain voltage, shut off, then wait for the battery
to get low again before coming back on. The low current ones are nice and
gentle.

>Don't be tempted by the super cheap versions. I've had a few of those
fail.

The problem is that there is a built in charger for this unit.  It's 4 X
6v batteries.  I don't want to have to disconnect and reconnect chargers
if possible.  (also, do BM handle 6v batteries?)

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson