[Shop-talk] New trailer decision (Need input)

Joe Szwed szwedj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:55:55 MDT 2018

I like deck over the tires for all around versatility, especially if you
move things like sheds, plus they are easier to load things like skids from
the sides.  Yes they can be a little harder to load a dead vehicle on but a
simple come-a-long will take care of that.  I didn't look at what the
options were, but if they have an option on ramp length, go with the longer
ramps to make loading vehicles a little easier.  As far as the higher
center of gravity, I never found it to be a problem as you drive
accordingly while towing.  If all you're moving is cars, a low deck with a
metal surface is nice.  I typically like wood decks better in general as it
not as slippery but they are more maintenance.   And I would also pick a
longer deck over shorter a one.

Just my thoughts.
Joe