[Shop-talk] wanting suggestions: quality tools for gift

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Tue Jun 12 23:27:07 MDT 2018

When I was 19, I bought a Triumph GT6 for $650. When it broke I borrowed the
few tools my dad owned to try to fix it. That Christmas he gave me a nice
Craftsman mechanics set, and now 40+ years later the wrenches, sockets and
ratchets from that set are still my go-to tools. I no longer use the "box"
they came in, but it was my only tool box for years, and I still have it! So I
recommend something similar, maybe this one http://bit.ly/2l4aqQ5 , if you're
not averse to what now passes for Craftsman tools. They're not the rock-stable
quality they used to be, but still pretty good. Spend as much as you can
afford, he'll remember you for the rest of his life every time he picks up one
of those tools.

- Lee