[Shop-talk] oven for powder coat

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 19:51:25 MDT 2018

> As this is for powder-coating, all I really want to do is
> heat it up to 350 deg. Can I hot-wire this with a on-off
> switch and some kind of basic thermostat? Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with that particular oven; but I can't see any way they
could stop you from wiring the heating coil(s) to a thermostat.

You could go old school with a universal oven thermostat
https://www.amazon.com/UNIVERSAL-OVEN-ELECTRIC-THERMOSTAT-6700S0011/dp/B004Q
EEDBS

Or get as fancy as you like
https://goo.gl/BZxS4W

My understanding is that different powders want to cure at different temps,
so I would definitely try to retain temperature control and not go for a
fixed thermostat.

-- Randall