[Shop-talk] oven for powder coat

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 19:56:21 MDT 2018

> Someone who knows more than I do about these: Does the simple
> thermostat above just switch (on/off) the connection to the
> two prongs on the back?

Yup, although more accurately it switches the connection between the two
prongs.  The control itself is purely mechanical and draws no electrical
power for itself.

>From what I've seen of others (not necessarily that one), it also drives a
fairly wide temperature swing.  For example, if you set it to 350, it might
not come on until the oven drops to 300, and not shut off until it hits 400.
If you're lucky that is.  Last one I had was off by almost 100 degrees (and
still let the temperature swing by over 100 as indicated by a thermometer).

PS, sorry, obviously I hadn't seen the replies when I sent my previous
reply.

-- Randall