[Shop-talk] Remote local "personal shopper" services?

Obaa obaa996 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 16:20:17 MDT 2018

All,
Thanks for the many notes, suggestions, and even offers to help!  I took a look at gigwalk, and it seems to be primarily housework/homecare.  Most of the craigslist postings were similar; the word "concierge" almost doesn't exist on the Youngstown CL site (3 hits).  Warren, where the owner is located, looks to be even smaller... :)  It did start me thinking I might find something like movers, who do need to travel as part of their normal work; perhaps they could do something like this?
As for the find itself, the tool I found was a handheld, pre-OBDII factory diagnostic scanner. Besides the normal scan functions, it also allows access to the FI controller and some limited adjustments to the FI map.  The newer factory replacement is biased towards OBDII cars, and only emulates the older tool, so no FI remapping.
I did entertain the thought of flying out, but it would be a 2 day trip to criss-cross the country, and unfortunately not a highly-travelled route; all the flights have me travelling to the East Coast (EWR, DWI, etc.) and then backtracking to Cleveland.  I gotta say, I'm still pondering it.....