[Shop-talk] Phone Mount in Car

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Thu Jun 21 21:08:31 MDT 2018

I've been through a dozen different mounts, and I *finally* found one that I
absolutely love - it's magnetic. There are other brands, but I really like
this one by SCOSCHE - http://a.co/aGKlKN8

This one is a windshield suction-mount, but there are other mounts available
too. The suction-mount is the best I've owned; it just stays where you put it,
and it comes off when you want it to. (Yes, first clean the spot on the glass
really well for best results.)

It comes with a couple of adhesive-mount metal plates, just stick it to the
back of your phone. Get in the car, "set" the phone on the mount (one handed),
drive away. On arrival, just reach up and grab it, you're done. NOTE: My phone
is in a case, so I put the metal plate inside the case - and it still works
just as well. Probably doesn't hold quite as firmly, but I'm not doing any
off-roading, so it's never fallen off in the three or four years I've owned
it.

It sounds like I'm making an advertisement for these - no, I've just had a lot
of frustration with all the different designs I've tried over the years, and I
finally got one I love.

BTW, I put my suction-mount right at the TOP of the windshield, just to the
right of the rear-view mirror. The top of the glass is closest to you, so you
don't have to reach far.

 Lee