[Shop-talk] pressure washing driveway

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Tue Jun 26 20:03:55 MDT 2018

needing to pressure wash my driveway...  did a walkway today 3’ wide and 50’ long... 4 hours.  That is with water only no chemicals or soap... now the driveway  100’ long and 15’ wide with a 50’ x 25’ area between house and shop... usual stains, lots of oak trees... drive is black with what I figure is mold or oak tree crap...

The e concrete area in front of my shop is pretty badly stained from grinding and welding and not cleaning up properly. Lots of iron rust stain that has been there a long time. Is there anything that will work to remove, etch, etc. these stains so when I pressure wash the drive I don't have this discolored area ??? Don't have pets to worry about but do have nice grass on either side of driveway so rinse off might be a problem for the grass.  I have a 3000psi 4gph Dewalt washer so plenty of power.

looking for recommendations on detergents, cleaners, etc... also on technique other than just bear down and get it out...  I’m old (70) so make it easy on me !!

thanks
John