[Shop-talk] Shop washer/dryer combos (and what I decided on for the wheel weights)

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Thu Mar 15 17:09:18 MDT 2018

I know most of us end up with REALLY dirty, oily, grimy clothes that we
don't want to put in the washing machine.

I was looking into one of these washer/dryer (well, kinda dryers) to throw
in the garage.  For less than $150, I don't know what to expect...
https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Portable-Washing-Apartments-PUCWM22/dp/B01MAVR8UW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1521154510&sr=8-9&keywords=washer+dryer+combo

My idea is that I would use it on the dirty clothes with some grease
cutting laundry detergent, THEN put them in the normal washer/dryer if
needed.

I would not only use it for my clothes, but for towels, wash clothes,
gloves, etc.

Anyone have any experience with them?  Is it worth it?

As for the wheel weight situation, I was really torn, then I was inspired
by the spirit of this list.  That's right, I'm going to do it myself!

I bought the valve stems and fill adaptor on amazon for less than $30.
Once I get it, I'm going to fill the tractor tires with water/bio friendly
antifreeze* and see how that works.  (Note, I'm also going to do my zero
turn mower while I'm at it.)

If it works really well, maybe I'll go with the Rim Guard product.

* I may skip the antifreeze as my tires are on tractors that are always
stored inside and I don't think it ever gets below freezing in there.  If
it looks like we are going to get a long cold spell, I could move both of
them into the heated garage for the time.

we'll see.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson