[Shop-talk] Wheel Weights vs fluid filling

Dave C cavanadd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:40:11 MDT 2018

I have never used beet juice, but I have had a couple of tractors with
the tires filled with calcium chloride.  It will eventually rust your
rims into junk, and for that reason I can't recommend it. I don't know
about beet juice.  Another problem with filling tractor tires is that
depending on what you fill them with, it can freeze, and driving a
tractor with frozen filled tires is no fun at all.

As for your question about punctures in filled tires,  yes you have to
pump the fluid out of the tube to fix it.  I have had to deal with this
a couple of times and each time I took the entire wheel into a
commercial tire place and let them take care of it.  Getting a fluid
filled tractor off the tractor and into an truck bed is not a lot of fun.