[Shop-talk] It's hot and I want AC

Battmain battmain battmain at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 18:41:55 MDT 2019

If you search hard enough, there are a few that look slightly better than the oval retangular look of most of them. Those look like a flat box that slides open when operating but I felt just more moving parts to break. You also pay a noticeably higher price too.

I have a Mitsubishi unit. It has the oscillating vents and they work fine. I did not get to place the inside unit in the middle of the wall where I wanted due to outside real estate and a fence, but it doesn't seem to matter. It can cool the room from f'ing hot to tolerable in about 15-30 minutes. The remote has a timer where I can set it to start at a certain time if I want, but I have the central AC on a smart/remote thermostat with a schedule instead. Alexa also has a routine to ensure central AC set to 'Away' in case I override the schedule and forget in the morning.

Sent from my brick phone